RSS2.0

who am i?

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Oh geez.

I feel like 2009 is going to be one hell of a challenge. It's only the 6th day of January and I feel like there's so much I have to overcome. I've been straying away from a lot of things, good and bad. I feel like I should break my life down:

Home. Honestly, I love being back home. Sure it can suck sometimes, but I love being able to just kick it with my family, and reconnect with people here who I've lost touch with over the past few years that I've been in Irvine. Although I do get peeved by my parents often, I love spending time with them. One of the things I love most about my mom is that I can seriously talk to her about (almost) everything. Life, love, friendship, careers, the past, present, and future, and of course gossip. I know I don't talk about home as much as some people and I don't express the love and joy that I get from being here, but I seriously cherish the moments I get to spend with my family. And not gonna lie, I love being a bum. SOMETIMES. The challenge? I know my parents still see me as a kid sometimes, probably because I still depend on them for so many things. There are still a lot of things that we struggle with. My obvious joblessness. But especially my love for Liwanag & for Interfaith. There's a lot of "Didn't you graduate" or "What are you still doing there?" which is something that frustrates me a lot.

Unemployment. Well, this is quite the situation. In my defense, the job market is not so good right now. BUT again, not gonna lie, I'm still HELLA lazy. Like, I don't (always) sit around the house not doing shit. I get a lot of stuff done (most of the time). LOL. Even though I don't have a job yet, there's still a lot on my plate. Yet again, these commitments are still, for the most part, in Irvine: Liwanag, directing for mass, majority of the people I hang out with, and now my voice lessons (GL isn't in Irvine, but it's still kinda far). I'm doing things that I love to do, but this isn't bringing me any form of income. I need a job. But hey, it's only been about 3 months since I've finished school.

Music. I don't even know where to begin this. And I don't think I can even reiterate any of the thoughts I have regarding this. And I know this category has a lot to do with what I'm talking about next. I know people have questioned as to why I started taking voice lessons, and you know, I'm not sure I can explain it. There's a lot going into it. There's so much I've realized about myself during the past few weeks. I feel like I'm redefining who I've been for the past 4 years, or at least trying to not revert away from who I've been. I don't even know what I'm trying to say. I need to grow some balls. I have to push myself. And I need to find out who I am and my reason. Ahh, it'd be easier just to have a conversation about this. So, just ask me. LOL.

Faith. I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I really want to have a conversation with someone about this, rather than blog. So to keep it simple, I miss You. I really need to work on being You to every aspect of my life. Especially music. It's where I found You and I need that passion back in my life. Ever since I've moved home, it's been different for me. You've been reduced to Tuesdays and Sundays and I really really really miss how I used to make You every breath that I took. I'm extremely looking forward to the first Winter quarter meeting. I've missed You and I need to work harder.

To answer my first question, who am I?
I am Yours.

0 comments: