RSS2.0

chapter 1: transitions

Saturday, September 20, 2008

i doubt i'm going to keep this chapter thing up. but since this is the first post coming from my new home, which was my old home, i figure this is the first chapter. well, this whole "my life is a book" metaphor doesn't really pan out. does that mean the other parts of my life were in a different book, or different chapters? but then, does that mean this new chapter isn't chapter one, it's like... chapter 4? i have no idea. oh well.

the blog title should be NEW chapter: transitions. but that wouldn't be as cool

anyways... this is my first blog from home. my room is totally ridiculous right now. seriously. it's like... my mattress in the middle of the room surrounded by piles of pants on one side, with my desk in one corner, but the place where you sit is up against the wall. my "desk" right now is my bookcase turned on it's side, with the shelves piled up on top on the other side of my mattress. at the foot of my "bed" are stacks of wood for my loft, which are lying in front of my closet. that makes it quite difficult to put my clothes in. my tv is in one corner, with no cable. aaand i have my brother's childhood artwork/school projects strewn about the room. you can see most of this to your <<=== left. i have to bags full of stuff i'm gonna try to sell to buffalo, but i doubt they're gonna take it. those picky bastards. like, i don't even know what are in those boxes anymore. a lot of them say "kirsten's crap" on them. i cleaned a lot yesterday before erwin's dinner. i wasn't even able to fit my bed before that, but i knew i had to unless i wanted to sleep on the couch. i think my room is gonna look pretty much like this for the next 2 weeks. even though i'm moved home there's still so much i have to do in irvine. welcome week tabling, servant leader mass, motp choir practices, motp, first meeting. ay. hopefully i'll clean a little bit every day. you know what is really ridiculous though? my mom keeps telling me to put stuff away, BUT i don't have anywhere to put it. you know why? because my closet is full OF EVERYONE ELSE'S STUFF. gah. i went to a wedding today. one of my brother's best friends, brian, married my brother's wife's best friend, candice! crazy. they all went to UCI too. anyways, i finally got my camera back from my parents, so hopefully i'll post pictures soon. if i can ever find the cord to connect my camera to my laptop. my uncle, who i call my cousin because he's only 20 and it's easier to say than explain how my uncle is younger than me, from japan was in town today. he's half japanese half filipino. but like... he's hella japanese washed. it's awesome. he's in a band and he plays drums. i took a picture of him and my brother and he did the fob peace signs. it was great. hopefully i'll post pictures of that soon. SO, even though i'm home now, it really doesn't feel like it yet. because i'm still all up ins the irvine mix. it hasn't hit me that I'M HOME. like, i'm sad. but i haven't realized it yet. i'm still in this "oh yeah this is awesome i get to fix up my room" phase. i do miss my apartment, especially my roommates (kathee, bellamay, abby, and you too, dean). i'm still in this weird transition phase, where nothing is settled yet. i mean, i'm sad. but i don't think i've really been SAD SAD yet.

well, i think i've blabbered on for too long.
goodnight.

<<---- this is me, being "sad" in my ridiculously messy room. oh yeah, before i leave i've got a lot of shout outs: HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERWIN, ANGIE, FRANNY, KATHEE, & KAYLENE!
CONGRATULATIONS MR.&MRS. HANSEN!

2 comments:

Will said...

yea i know how you feel about not reaching that realization yet.

hope your adjustment goes well...

miss ya kirs. = )

NeZ said...

"i have TO bags full of stuff i'm gonna try to sell to buffalo, but i doubt they're gonna take it." =)

BTW, I thought it was funny that the "word verification" letters for this comment is "moovue".