RSS2.0

therapy

Friday, September 26, 2008

there are a lot of things that get me through the hard times. i got to use three of my favorites today: conversational therapy, retail therapy, & television therapy.

conversational
thanks for returning my call today :) it was really nice talking to you. thanks for listening to me vent, whine, complain, & cry. it hasn't been the first time. hopefully we can catch up more soon. thanks to all the people who i had good convos with today on aim, you know who you are. i also had awesome times at lunch with my brother, kathee, and her uncle (or my brother's cousin-in-law, whichever you prefer). food & conversation = foosational therapy? nope.

retail
i hit up Manila Arts & Trade with my mom today. i was looking for filipino stuff to wear for motp this sunday. i found something! it's not super fancy, but it's better than the same thing i've worn for 3 years. anyways, it's cool. i also went to target, but didn't get anything :[ but i did get 2 pairs of shoes at payless. hollaaaaa. i need to buy a pencil skirt tomorrow. i'm going to go shopping before i head to campus to help with the boothing.

and lastly, a love of my life,
television
DAMN it was awesome today. i only caught 2 of my 3 shows: The Office & Grey's Anatomy. DUDE THE OFFICE. THE OFFICE was freaking awesome. i watched it twice already. there are so many good things that came out of that. changed my life a little bit. my face hurt from laughing. Grey's was good too. it was a little intense i think. tried to fit a lot in one episode (you were right, Fran). but yeah. it was good nonetheless. looks like the seasons are off to a good start. i didn't get to watch ugly betty yet. hopefully i'll catch it soon.

i know i'm obsessed with tv. but whatever, it helps me not think about my own problems and let's me focus on other people's drama.

i heard this song like 4 times today.
Ex-Factor - Lauryn Hill
anyways, i've got a long day tomorrow.
i'll leave you with this

Fairytales don't come true.
Reality is much stormier,
much murkier,
much scarier.
Reality is much more interesting than living happily ever after.

goodnight.

ps. please keep praying for my grandma.

0 comments: